Must do’s in Pattaya
PATTAYA is a popular Beach resort on the Gulf of Thailand, just 150 km southeast of Bangkok –a mere two-hour drive. Pattaya’s pulsating city is well known for being an ideal holiday destination for families, couples, friends and solo travelers.
Pattaya is split into three main areas – Naklua, Pattaya Beach and Jomtien – with a few other districts within easy reach. Each has its own unique atmosphere and attractions, with some parts being more traditionally Thai and others which are packed with high-end resorts.
Travelers from all around the world are drawn each year to Pattaya to windsurf, water ski, swim, sunbathe, snorkel, sail, or take trips to nearby Islands. Other activities include Bungee jumping, Cycling, skydiving, go-Karting, Muay Thai (Thai boxing), and Paintball. Golfers, both novice and expert, are well catered to as well, with a wide selection of golf courses around Pattaya. Another major draw for visitors to Pattaya is the wide selection of restaurants serving some of Thailand’s freshest Seafood.
A few must do’s in Pattaya:
1. Experience thrill at SKY Pattaya Rocket Ball Ride & flight of Gibbon
2. Visit Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden
3. Visit Pattaya floating market
4. Go for Coral island tour
5. Visit Koh Samet island by boat
6. Visit Legend Siam
7. Visit Ramayan water park
8. Visit the Alcazar show / Tiffany show
9. Visit Art in Paradise/ Ripley’s believe it or not
10. Visit Ocean Marina Yatch Club
11. Visit Santuary of Truth
12. Visit Pattaya Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
RAYONG & KOH SAMET:
Only two hours from Bangkok and 1 hour from Pattaya by car, Rayong City is a popular getaway destination amongst urban holidaymakers who are seeking a peaceful & relaxed beach getaway. Rayong is also a popular destination for Indian wedding celebrations. Far from the busy city life, it offers some pristine beaches and tranquility along with luxury resorts offering world class facilities required to organize a wedding.
Once visiting Rayong, you cannot miss eating fresh Seafood which is available along the beaches and in the restaurants. Apart from tourist attractions, Rayong hosts joyful festivals and traditional activities especially Rayong Fruit Festival occurring annually during May when fruit reaches its peak season.
The Island of Koh Samet, that is just a boat ride away, is a beautiful island for beach lovers and those interested in water sports and activities. In Koh Samet, Hat Sai Kaew is a beach for having fun and enjoying vibrant nightlife, while Hat Praow gives you a peaceful and calming beach atmosphere. Visitors can explore the mainland by going to Mae Pim cape for a stunning view of the island. They can also go swimming in the clear blue waters with gentle waves.
A few must do’s in Rayong are:
- Pamper yourself at the beautiful resorts in Rayong
- Enjoy the fresh seafood at the beachside restaurants
- Visit Koh Samet Island for water sports & activities
- Visit Khao Chamao waterfall
- Visit memorial park of Royal Thai poet Sunthorn Phu
- Visit Golden Meadow (Tung Prong Thong) on the eastern edge of Rayong Province
- Visit HTMS Prasae, a retired Royal Thai Navy warship converted into a historical display
- Explore the strip of Yomjinda Road that runs parallel to the river has been restored into a charming “old town” of sorts with teak buildings and considerable Chinese influence.
- Visit the King Taksin Shrine
- Visit Sopha Botanical Gardens
- Visit Rayong fruit orchards