Highest number of tourists arrived on e-Tourist Visa from USA during Jan-Sept 2015
Government of India launched Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVoA) enabled by Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), presently known as e-Tourist Visa scheme on 27th November 2014. At present e-Tourist Visa facility is available for citizens of 113 countries arriving at 16 Airports in India.
The following are the important highlights of e-Tourist Visa during September, 2015:
- During the month of September, 2015 a total of 31,729 tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa as compared to 2,170 during the month of September, 2014 registering a growth of 1362.2%.
- During January- September, 2015 a total of 2,01,705 tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa as compared to 19,290 during January- September, 2014 registering a growth of 945.6% .
- This high growth may be attributed to introduction of e-Tourist Visa for 113 countries as against coverage of earlier TVoA scheme for 12 countries.
- The percentage shares of top 10 source countries availing e-Tourist Visa facility during September, 2015 were as follows:
- USA (18.71%), UK (9.24%), Australia (8.50%), Germany (7.22%), China (6.36%), France (5.22%), Canada (4.54%), Israel (3.61%), Japan (2.83%), and Mexico (2.66%).
The percentage shares of different ports in tourist arrivals on e-Tourist Visa during September, 2015 were as follows:
New Delhi Airport (50.69%), Mumbai Airport (20.70%), Bengaluru Airport (7.44%), Chennai Airport (7.18%), Kochi Airport (3.53%), Kolkata Airport (2.93%), Hyderabad Airport (2.74%), Goa Airport (1.71%), Trivandrum Airport (1.30%), Ahmedabad Airport (0.72%), Amritsar Airport (0.43%), Tiruchinapalli Airport (0.33%), Jaipur Airport (0.27%), Varanasi Airport (0.01%) and Gaya Airport ( 0.01%).