05 August 2022
Profiles Media Network Private Limited (“PMN”, “we”, “us”, and “our”) is India’s leading multi-media company and the owner of prominent brands such as Travel Span, Mice Mirror, Luxury Weddings and Honeymoon, and Cargo Newswire.
2. What personal information does PMN collect from you?
PMN collects information:
· We may also collect information about you from third-party partners such as advertisers and our clients
· PMN collects the following types of information:
· Contact information
· When you purchase or subscribe to one of PMN’s services, such as signing up for an email newsletter, or enter a competition, joining one of PMN’s online communities, participating in any of PMN’s research projects, or attending an event, PMN will ask you to provide contact information such as your name, e-mail and/or postal address so that PMN can provide you with the products or services requested.
· General personal information
· When conducting surveys, running competitions, or hosting events, in addition to contact information, PMN may collect other personal information such as your gender, job title, date of birth, marital status, etc.
· Online Identifiers
· For more information and an up-to-date list of the cookies that we use and to manage your cookie choices, please visit the Cookie Preferences link at the bottom of our Websites.
· Behavioral data
· When you visit one of PMN’s websites, PMN automatically collects data about your online behaviour (eg. time spent on the website, items clicked on, etc.). We may also collect certain socio-demographic information about you.
· When you buy a product or service from PMN, such as a magazine subscription or a ticket to a PMN event, PMN will collect information about what products and services you have bought from PMN.
· When you register for a newsletter or take part in research, PMN may collect data about your preferences, tastes, and interests.
· “Special” categories of data
· PMN may collect data in online surveys on what is called “special categories of data”. These could be data sets such as biometric information (including voice samples, facial recognition, etc.), political opinions, religion, philosophical beliefs, health, sexual orientation, etc. Whenever PMN researches these topics, it is always optional, and where required by law, PMN will make sure it obtains your consent to process special category data.
3. How PMN uses your personal information:
Fulfilling Your Requests. PMN uses your personal information to process your requests for products and/or services. For example, if you subscribe to any of PMN’s products and/or services, PMN may use your email address to send you a confirmation notice and use your mailing address to send you the product. Similarly, if you enter a contest, PMN will use your personal information to notify you if you are a winner. If you enter a contest or submit content to PMN (e.g., a “letter to our editors” or submit an online review or comment) PMN may also publish your name, screen name, hometown, and other personal information you have provided to PMN.
Administering the Websites and improving our business relationship with you. PMN will use and share your personal information in connection with administering our Websites and providing our products and services, including without limitation for (i) customer service; (ii) to help diagnose problems with servers; (iii) to improve products that PMN offers by tailoring them to perceived preferences; (iv) to aggregate and otherwise gather broad demographic information; (v) to analyze trends; (vi) to seek compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients and customers; and (vii) to track users’ movements around the Websites and elsewhere on the web or across apps and/ devices. Your geolocation data may also specifically be used to show you content (including advertising and sponsored messaging) based on your geographic location.
Access by Third Parties.
Marketing Communications and Advertising Purposes. PMN uses your personal information to display marketing material or communicate with you about new features, events, or products and/or services offered by us and third-party businesses, including PMN’s advertising, marketing, and sponsorship clients.
Transfer or Sale of PMN’s Business. As PMN’s business changes, PMN may buy or sell various assets owned or controlled by PMN. In the event all or a portion of the assets are sold, assigned, transferred, or acquired by another company due to merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, or otherwise, your personal information may be among the transferred assets.
Combining Information. PMN may aggregate, merge or otherwise combine information, including personal information, in furtherance of the purposes above.
4. Legal Bases For Processing:
In some circumstances, we require a legal basis on which to collect and use your personal information. Where we need such a legal basis, the different legal bases of processing that we rely on to use your personal information are as follows:
5. Retention of Personal Information:
PMN will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the products or services you have requested while taking into account any legal requirements and tax and accounting rules which may require us to retain personal data for certain periods beyond this.
In some circumstances, PMN may anonymise your data (so that it can no longer identify you) for example for research or statistical purposes, in which case PMN may use this information indefinitely.
6. Opt-Out of Marketing; How to Update Your personal information:
7. Children’s Data:
PMN’s products and/or services, including its Websites, are not intentionally designed for or directed at persons less than 18 years of age. PMN does not knowingly permit any person who is under 18 years of age to register with the services or to provide any other personal information.
PMN considers it the responsibility of parents/ legal guardians to monitor their children’s, and their ward’s (as applicable) use of PMN’s Websites. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided PMN with personal information without their prior consent, please contact PMN at the e-mail address mentioned at the end of this document.
8. Cookies and Tracking Technologies:
9. Information Security and International Data Transfers:
10. Links to other websites
PMN’s Websites may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This privacy notice applies only to PMN Websites. PMN encourages you to read the privacy statements on any other websites you visit. PMN cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you have accessed them using links from PMN’s websites.
11. Your rights
You may have certain rights regarding your personal information. These may include your right to know, access, correct, transfer, restrict the processing of, and delete your personal information. You may also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority or competent regulator in your jurisdiction. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact PMN [email protected]
If you would like to unsubscribe from postal or email marketing communications please use the link found within our communications contact [email protected]
· 13. Contact us