Princess Cruises has announced they will homeport the Caribbean Princess at Port Canaveral beginning November 2024 to sail Caribbean itineraries for its winter season. The 3,140-passenger ship will sail 6-, 8-, and 14-day cruises out of Port Canaveral to destinations like The Bahamas, including Princess Cays® – the line’s private island resort in the Bahamas, and Eastern and Western Caribbean.
“Our collaboration with Princess Cruises marks an exciting milestone for us,” stated Capt. John Murray, Port CEO. “The fleet of ships homeported at Port Canaveral continues to grow with next year’s arrival of the Caribbean Princess. We’re looking forward to providing a high-quality experience for our new cruise partners and their cruise guests.”
Establishing Port Canaveral as a homeport is part of the expansion of Princess Cruises’ North America presence to offer exciting new voyage options that guests can conveniently access from major drive markets like Central Florida.
“The combination of a vibrant Central Florida community, exceptional flight options into Orlando International Airport and great pre-cruise and post-cruise experience opportunities make Port Canaveral an easy choice,” said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. “Princess is unique in its ability to deliver incredible cruise ship amenities typical of the largest ships in the world while delivering personalized service found on the industry’s smallest ships.”
Caribbean Princess features 1,571 staterooms and a total capacity of 3,140 passengers and 1,200 crew. It has 19 decks, including 15 passenger decks, and encompasses 112,894 gross tons.
Itinerary highlights include:
- One departure of a 4-day Turks & Caicos Getaway over the Thanksgiving holiday
- Five departures of our 8-day Eastern Caribbean with St. Thomas sailing to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Juan and Grand Turk
- Five departures of our 8-day Western Caribbean with Mexico sailing to Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize City and Roatan (Mahogany Bay)
- Nine departures of our 6-day Eastern Caribbean with Turks & Caicos including Nassau, Grand Turk and either Amber Cove or San Juan
- Combine any of the 8-day and 6-day itineraries for a 14-day vacation.