Uniworld Boutique River Cruises is enhancing its long-haul programme for 2024 with the introduction of three new brochures showcasing once-in-a-lifetime Spectacular Journeys, combining elegant river cruising and luxury touring, plus a range of new exotic bucket-list itineraries.
Spectacular Journeys combine luxury, adventure, culture and relaxation across land, sea and river to some of the world’s most awe-inspiring destinations, from the Peruvian Amazon to the Red Sea. The new e-brochures include:
- 108-page Spectacular Journeys of the World adding new immersive land experiences to existing itineraries, such as Timeless Wonders of Vietnam, Cambodia & the Mekong with Ha Long Bay and Splendours of Egypt & The Nile with Sharm El Sheikh & The Red Sea
- A bespoke India brochure, Spectacular Journeys in India – including an option to extend Uniworld’s classic India’s Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges itinerary to include the wonders of Varanasi, and increased capacity for the newly launched The Sacred Ganges & the Maharajas’ Express
- 2024 Rivers of the World, celebrating Uniworld’s second world cruise, the 2024 Rivers of the World trip, an epic 54-night journey spanning ten countries and three continents across South America, Europe, and Southeast Asia aboard four Super Ships.
“At Uniworld, we are always listening to our customers and valued trade partners to ensure we are providing the most innovative and immersive holidays we can,” said Chris Townson, UK Managing Director at Uniworld Boutique River Cruises. “There continues to be a clear trend from our discerning mature travellers for these bigger, more diverse and cultural bucket list holidays, with famous landmarks and luxurious five-star hotels a must. This, combined with our strongest year ever for long-haul bookings in 2022, as well as India, seeing significant growth in 2023 (+240%)*, demand from our guests for extensions** and average spending up 40% year on year, led us to package new and existing exotics extensions together to create our most immersive river cruise and land journeys to date, Spectacular Journeys, which we are really excited to share with our trade partners.
Townson continues, “Our striking new standalone brochures are there to support our trade partners in selling a dream holiday, which can be labour intensive to build for vast and diverse destinations such as India and South East Asia. Our Spectacular journeys provide a seamless and protected solution, and we will also be making these available to our partners to white label”.
The extensions that elevate the river cruise experiences include a host of incredible highlights such as:
- A Make Travel Matter experience in Jordan exploring how Jordanian women making a living through traditional handicraft at the Iraq al-Amir Women’s Cooperative (Splendours of Egypt & The Nile with Jordan).,
- Witnessing the famous ghats washing ritual and artisans silk weaving colourful scarfs in Varanasi on a guided tour of this spiritual city (India’s Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges with Varanasi).
- Exploring turquoise natural lagoons and kayaking amongst majestic landscapes of Ha Long Bay, as well as the opportunity to meet the locals on a Viet Hai Village visit and Castaway Island (Timeless Wonders of Vietnam, Cambodia & the Mekong with Ha Long Bay)
- The stunning white sandy beaches and coral reefs of the Red Sea, historical tours to UNESCO World Heritage site St. Catherine’s Monastery and an opulent stay at Sharm El Sheikh Four Seasons. (Splendours of Egypt & The Nile with Sharm El Sheikh & The Red Sea).
As well as the introduction of these new journeys, there will be increased departures for other popular extended itineraries such as The Sacred Ganges & the Maharajas’ Express cruise and rail journey, which is new for the UK market in 2024.
Agents will be able to book these packaged ATOL protected Spectacular Journeys with one of the trusted Uniworld Sales Team, with an exclusive 2024 Launch Promotion for trade offering £1,000 per person savings to their clients. Prices below include the saving and on select dates in 2024. Terms and conditions apply.
- 18-day Timeless Wonders of Vietnam, Cambodia & the Mekong with Ha Long Bay (from £6,939pp)
- 15-day India’s Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges with Varanasi (from £7,085pp)
- 16-days Splendours of Egypt & The Nile with Sharm El Sheikh & The Red Sea (from £7,069pp)
- 17-days Splendours of Egypt & The Nile with Jordan (from £7,855pp)