- ICRT team having representatives from different countries including, the UK, Australia, South Africa, and France led by Dr. Harold Goodwin, will visit Madhya Pradesh.
- This is the first time that ICRT is presenting the award out of London, U.K.
Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh and Managing Director, Tourism Board Shri Sheo Shekhar Shukla said, Bhopal the capital city will be hosting WTM (World Travel Market) Responsible Tourism India Awards On 7th September 2022 at Kushabhau Thakre Convention Centre, Bhopal. Also, an International Seminar on Responsible Tourism will be organized by the ‘International Center for Responsible Tourism, UK (ICRT) in collaboration with the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board & ADTOI-MP Chapter (Association of Domestic Tour Operators of India).
Principal Secretary Shri Shukla said that it is a proud moment for the state to host the International Seminar and WTM awards. The events that will start on August 30 will go on till September 10. An ICRT team comprising representatives from different countries including the UK, Australia, South Africa, and France will visit various destinations in Madhya Pradesh. The team will be led by Dr. Harold Goodwin, Founding Director of ICRT and Managing Director (MD) of Responsible Tourism Partnership. The team will visit the rich heritage sites of the state and villages developed under rural tourism. Along with this, he will also participate in village stays, local excursions, traditional dishes, and cultural programs in different cities of the state. He will also review Project Clean Destination (Solid Waste Management) & Project Responsible Sovereign at Madla and Project Humsafar in Orchha.
WTM Responsible Tourism India Awards 2022
The Responsible Tourism award started in 2004. This is the first time that ICRT is presenting the award out of London, the U.K. There are 16+ countries that come under the India and sub-continent which are going to participate. To name a few Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Burma, Thailand, Philippines, and many more. The international jury will decide the winners of each category. The Gold winners of each category will compete for the Global award.
- Decarbonizing Travel & Tourism
- Sustaining Employees and Communities through the Pandemic
- Destinations Building Back Better Post-Covid
- Increasing Diversity in Tourism: How Inclusive is our Industry
- Reducing Plastic Waste in the Environment
- Growing the Local Economic Benefit
- Access for the Differently-Abled: as Travellers, Employees, and Holidaymakers
- Increasing Tourism’s Contribution to Natural Heritage and Biodiversity
- Conserving Water and Improving Water Security and Supply for Neighbours
- Contributing to Cultural Heritage
Program of ICRT Team
- The team will visit Mitawali, Padawali, Bateshwar, and Gwalior on 30th and 31st August 2022.
- On 1st and 2nd September, will visit Orchha and surrounding villages (Radhapur and Ladpurakhas).
- The team will visit Khajuraho, Madla, Dhama, and Basata on the 3rd and 4th of September.
- ICRT workshop will be organized on 6th September at Kushabhau Thackeray Convention Centre, Bhopal.
- WTM (World Travel Market) Responsible Tourism India Awards will be held on 7th September 2022 at Kushabhau Thackeray Convention Centre, Bhopal.
- On September 8 and 9, the team will visit villages including Dhaba, Chedka, Sabarwani, Madhai, and Pachmarhi.
- An art and craft exhibition will also be organized in the courtyard of Kushabhau Thackeray Convention Center from September 5 to September 10.